Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Sunday, June 06, 2004

I am a knitting fiend!



Wow! Have I finished many projects for the art fair! I have completed the fourth... I repeat.... the fourth pair of fuzzy feet. I haven't felted three pair yet, but that doesn't take long.

I have also finished a scarf, and I've started a shawl using Glitterspun. I had bought the Glitterspun a while ago, but never used it and it seems to make a great shawl fabric. I wanted it to be have a lot of lace work, but that didn't turn out nicely, so I ripped the whole thing out and started over. I'm making the traditional shawl pattern with a yo at the start and end of every knit row. It's not the texture I was looking for, but it will be a nice easy knit.

What a weekend! I haven't been home for more than 15 minutes except to sleep and finally tonight we came home at 7:30. Saturday we had a 3 on 3 tournament in the morning, two graduation parties in different cities, and we cancelled my hair appointment, a soccer game, and a girl scout outing for our girls so that we could do the other things!

Today we had a horse show, I managed to squeak in some grocery shopping, and then we were off to my nephew's graduation ceremony which lasted three hours. After that it was soccer practice. YIKES! But, I had a lot of time to knit and got a lot done, so that was nice. I plan to start another cat bed soon. The art show is in 34 days, and I think I will have quite a lot to sell. So far I have one cat bed, four fuzzy feet, and a scarf. At $20 each, I could earn a nice little bit of cash, and my cost for material so far is $40. The money I earn will be used for either a family trip to Wisconsin Dells with my brother's family, or to go to San Antonio later this summer when my nephew graduates from boot camp. I'll keep you posted!

Now go and knit your socks off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home