Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Again Another Day!



I think it's raining, but I'm not sure. The grass is so long that it has overgrown our windows and we can't see outside anymore. We haven't (or really my DH husband hasn't) been able to cut it for so many days because there hasn't been a let up in the rain. The pitter patter of the raindrops on our roof is pretty telling, though.

Garage Sale


Yesterday was our village-wide garage sale. I had everything ready by 10:30pm Friday night and even had time left to finish off my first fuzzy foot from the second pair I had started. I opened at 8:00am, coffee, music and knitting at my side, waiting for the droves of customers to come and take my junk to their house.

The last time I had a garage sale, it was bad weather and I think I made $30. I had done it alone, no neighbors were involved. This time I was hopeful that with the village-wide sale advertised everywhere I would bring in $100. I have really nice girls clothes with most items priced at .50 or 1.00.

The pouring rain kept most people away, but things picked up at 11:00am. We thought it was successful because we got rid of a few really big things that were taking up a lot of space, like two bicycles, a stove, and a child's rocking horse. I was happy with the $40 I brought in because those big items were gone, and I was happy to sit and knit uninterrupted all day.

A Word of Advice for Making Da Fuzzy Feet


Do not, I repeat - DO NOT make fuzzy feet when you need to put it down frequently and think about other things, such as catching the dog that escaped from the house or giving away your profits to your kids so they can bring home other people's junk when you are trying to get rid of your own.

I ribbited (is that a word?) so much of the second foot that I started turning green and searching for a fly to eat. Fuzzy feet aren't the easiest to rip out either because you have to be careful to pick up all of the side stitches as you rip the top of the foot. It took me all day, but I finally finished the second foot and today I'm starting on the third pair.

I had better felt this stuff, though, because I have NO IDEA what it will look like felted. That's right. I'm living on the wild side!

Now go and knit your socks off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home