Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Monday, May 24, 2004

Fuzzy Feet Felting Foibles



Well, it is my own fault. I didn't test felt the yarn I used for the soles of the fuzzy feet, and after 30 minutes of felting (and an ever decreasing foot size for the fuzzy foot), there were still knobs showing on the sole. The yarn says 100% virgin wool on it, so I have no clue if this is a mistake in felting technique, or if it is with the yarn. Here is a photo of the sole.


Yikes!

The cat bed, on the other hand, is beautiful. I was worried about this one - if the sides would stand upright or not. It turned out that the catbed was stress-free and the "stress-free" fuzzy feet made me crazy. The rose color felted really nice.



Auf Wiedersehen to the GA Cardigan



Here is a photo of the completed God-Awful Cardigan (before blocking). I only have to block and figure out when I can deliver the cardigan now that I don't see the woman as much. GGGRRRR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home