Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Let’s get started on some knitting



I’m off on a hunt for free sock patterns for my secret sock pal. I don’t want to make a plain Jane set for her, but something kind of funky and cool. Something with attitude!
I thought of going to the LYS today to get some yarn, but I have yard work to do first, and by then it may be too late.

Tomorrow is the last day of summer school, and we can begin camping like maniacs (we normally are maniacs anyway, so I don’t know how much different we will look).

Have I mentioned that the decision is final? We are not moving. We had the movers set up, the apartment, and made up a moving calendar. Then we told our parents. YIKES! That didn’t go well. Last year during our vacation, both DH mother and my mother ended up in the hospital. His mother with a stroke, mine with major depression. Everyone blamed us (Don’t you love being the youngest child who is always the problem? Both DH and I are the youngest). When both sets of parents became angry with us for moving, we felt like selfish little brats. This move is a choice, and if something would happen to any of them, I don’t think we could live with ourselves. We had a tough time dealing with the guilt last year.

Cincinnati will always be there… maybe some day. I now know that it won’t be difficult for me to get a job there. I wrote to the person and backed out of the job yesterday. Our whole family is depressed and relieved at the same time. Now we can try to enjoy our summer.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home