Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Monday, April 19, 2004

Vengeance of the God of Knitting Pattern Boredom



Why is it that with only 11 rows to go until I can start doing color work and finish the major part of the GA Cardigan, I find my mind can't be focused on my knitting? I have been naughty and upset the pattern god. It would take me less than an hour to get to the color work, but have I done anything on it tonight? What have I done to upset the God of Knitting Pattern Boredom?

It used to be that I would only work on one project at a time. I wouldn't think of starting a new project until all of the ends had been woven in and all of the seams had been stitched up. Finally, I became brave and had more than one project going at a time. I have a little bit of this fanatacism left, though, because I refuse to start the second sock until I get this GA Cardigan to the sleeves at least. Not to mention I have a few baby hats to knit up quick before three babies are born. Oh, no! Not my babies (I wish for one more, but not three)! My friend will become a first time grandma in May. Her son is having one child and her daughter is having twins. Welcome to grandmotherhood!

To the god of knitting pattern boredom, please forgive me and let me finish this long patch of boring stst in beige!

Now go knit your socks off, because I can't start mine yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home