Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The Pool and some Frogging

500. I did it. Tonight. All freestyle. 20 laps without stopping. Granted, it took me twice as long as it did when I was in high school, but as my husband said, "You're also twice as old now."

I think that was a compliment.

After being sick, it took me a month to be able to swim the same workout in total laps as when I started, but I have improved. When I started, I had to switch between freestyle and breast stroke every lap. Now I can swim 20 laps in freestlye without stopping (and without puking... also a major plus!)

My first meet is January 16, 2005 and if I'm accepted (there may be a problem with a deadline), I plan to swim three events: 50 yard freestyle, 50 yard breastroke, and 50 yard backstroke. My goal is to survive and get a reasonably respectable time.

Knitting: I ended up ripping out the entire hat I had made for DH. I increased so much that it took me almost 30 minutes to do one row. I thought that it would be a good idea to size it, so I put it on waste yarn and there were so many stitches that it looked like a giant curled ribbon! No amount of felted could have fixed that! This time, I'm increasing with more caution and it looks like a better fit.

After all of that swimming and a hectic day at work, I'm tired... time for bed!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger General Ginger said...

    Congratulations on your swim! Sometimes ripping out your stitches is indeed the best way to go.

     
  • At 10:49 PM , Blogger katharine said...

    Impressive swimming! "Twice as old" a compliment? Well, I guess, but it could be a little harsh if you were in a cranky mood. Lucky guy that you were in a good mood. Glad that you are feeling good enough to swim and I hope that you are accepted into the meet. Sorry to hear about the hat.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home