Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - NOT!

The traditional Christmas expectations are wearing me down - like everyone else.

Feverish knitting after the kids go to bed so they don't see their clogs is wearing thin, even though I'm typically a night owl. I'm on the first clog for the last set of hidden, secret clogs. These are powder blue, my daughter's favorite color.

The calendar plan didn't work. I set up all of the things that needed to be done, and plotted them on the calendar. The thing is, when I get home from work (especially after a bad day like two days ago), I don't feel like doing what is on the "calendar". So it's piling up. The tree is taunting me. I set it up on Sunday, and it still is not decorated. That was on the calendar for Monday night, but a migraine forced me to reschedule for Tuesday. Tuesday night was spent trying to get over a terrible day, and last night was clothes shopping for the Holiday Programs.

Cards are not even out of the box to be signed.
There are no Christmas perishables showing up on my counters.
Shopping has a good start, but there is still a lot left to do.

Where the hell are the elves?? I'm waiting!

On another note....
Happy Birthday to my grandmother. She would have been 104 today! She was the only grandparent I ever knew, and it seems I not only got her diamond engagement ring (it was given to her youngest daughter - my mom - and then to me... my mother's only daughter), but I have also genetically inherited her knitting, crocheting, tatting, sewing, and baking skills. Unfortunatetly, I've also inherited her procrastination genes. She was known to start sewing a wedding dress the day before the wedding, and finish it at 3 or 4:00 in the morning. She made more than 20 wedding dresses for family and friends, and never missed a deadline, and they looked so nice that strangers asked her to sew for them as well. I miss her.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger Nyxxie said...

    Where did you get your pattern for the clogs? Too cute!!

     
  • At 4:00 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

    You'll get a mysterious burst of holiday energy or just let the kids decorate the tree while you address some cards (do a few a day for the next few days), buy some slice & bake cookie dough and again, let the kids do it. And don't stress about not doing so much - what's the point of having a nice holiday if you're too spazzed to enjoy it!?

     
  • At 11:29 PM , Blogger katharine said...

    Clogs are adorable! My to-do list hit the trash tonight as there is no way that I can get it all done. Good luck and take some you time, well, eventually.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home