Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Monday, December 27, 2004

It's been so fun reading everyone's Christmas entries. Most people have had Christmas celebrations similar to mine. Eating, sleeping, knitting, playing games, watching movies, and ignoring the pile of toys surrounding the Christmas tree.

A quick update on the status of gifts and food:
My MIL loved her felted clogs and would have killed me if I hadn't made them
My mother loved hers and was surprised. She wants a pair of socks for her birthday (Jan. 29)
Both of my girls were surprised by their felted clogs. They had no idea how I made them without them seeing! AHA!
DH didn't get his clogs for Christmas Day, and I'm still trying to finish them. He is patient!
The fleece pants I sewed for my daughter while she was at school fit perfectly. It was my proudest moment. Even my mother said what a good job I had done in sewing them and it only took about 30 minutes of sewing time! Woohoo!

The food turned out ok. Beef Wellington isn't for kids... too rare. I took the leftovers and made the best stew in the world yesterday. My mom left the raspberry jello, and as usual, it never made it to the next day. She even doubled the recipe! The olives are also gone. Surprisingly, my pants still fit!

I got the best gift in the world from my DH. Spinning lessons, the freedom to go to the lessons guilt-free, and money to stop off at a coffee shop on the way there and the way back. I get to rent the wheel for a month! The classes start in February, and I know it will come quick! The lady at the yarn shop told him that he should get me a gift certificate instead, but he knows me very well. If he had given me a gift certificate, I would have spent it on yarn and not a class. I can teacher myself to spin! But I would love the socializing of a class and the time to be with other spinners/knitters, so now I'm forced to use the gift the right way. I love him!

I visited Stephannie's site, and my husband loved her husband's felted hat. Looks like I will be making one myself, this would be a good way to apologize for the lack of felted clogs for him under the tree.

For this week... I'm going to post 20 things about me each day as a wrap up to the year. I've seen others post their 100 things... and I sat idly in the wings waiting to post my own at a time when the blogs weren't overloaded with them. The end of the year seems like a good time so:


1. One of my favorite foods is blood & tongue sausage on toasted rye bread.
2. I don’t like to eat head cheese, does anyone really?
3. I used to organize the cupboards with all of the labels facing the front.
4. I never used to go to bed until all of the dishes were done and put away.
5. My husband and children cured me of both #3 and #4.
6. I hate mornings.
7. I love coffee.
8. My family knows that they should never talk to me in the morning until I have had a few cups of coffee.
9. I don’t like flavored anything. (flavored coffee, tea, flavored potato chips, etc.)
10. I learned how to can vegetables so that I could be self-sufficient, and to save money. I
haven’t canned in three years, because I don’t keep a good garden.
11. For three years we never bought a loaf of bread, I baked it from scratch without a machine every week. I wanted to save money.
12. I love to cook.
13. I am known for my pie crusts.
14. Everyone who meets me is surprised to learn that I knit, crochet and tat.
15. I have a sailor’s mouth (except when I am at school).
16. I would love to be a semi-truck driver.
17. I can change the oil in my car by myself.
18. I can change my car tires by myself.
19. I have fixed our toilet twice and replaced both shower heads in our home by myself.
20. I’m a tightwad, and I actually subscribed to the Tightwad Gazette until it went out of print.


1 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM , Blogger katharine said...

    Sounds like you had a fab holiday and what a great gift from your DH! First 20 items about you are very interesting - can't wait to read the rest.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home