Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

My new Friends

Last night was awesome!
I went to the Black Sheep Spinners Guild meeting last night at Carol's Hidden Valley Farm & Woolen Mill. Ann, the woman from the school knitting field trip, wasn't able to be there last night but she called meover the weekendand told me hat I should go. I'm so glad that I did.

I met Marianne, Marilyn, Carol, and two other women who's names I can't remember (sorry ladies!) They sat and spun while they talked and held a "sort of" business meeting. I got to see a few different wheels, and learned a little bit about how they run - this should help me before my first spinning class on Feb. 10th. Only 8 days!

YIPPEE! I knew it would come quick, but I'm still amazed that it's only 8 days away!

These women were not only good spinners, but also accomplished knitters. I can't wait until next month's meeting. Maybe I will be able to show them what I have learned (I get to rent the wheel from class for a month).

They liked my finished Latvian mitten and tried it on. I am pleased with how it turned out, even with some mistakes (pictures to come).

Tonight I plan to enjoy the warm weather by walking to the store for toilet paper, and then knit while watching the "State of the Union" address.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM , Blogger katharine said...

    You must be excited that your spinning class is getting so close! Can't wait to see pics of the mittens.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home