Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Blogging Break

I have to take a blogging break for awhile. I guess that, if I’m honest, I have ALREADY started a break. Things have been just too hectic for too long, and I find myself feeling guilty every time that I read someone else’s post and know that it has been ages since I have posted myself.

Both of my in-laws continue to have major health problems, an aortianeurysmim, colon cancer for my father-in-law, and a stroke and a heart attack for my mother-in-law have left them less than well. They moved into a nursing home on Monday and it is a terrible place. I have been in several nursing homes, and this one seriously made me cry.

And it’s that time of year again. The time where we try to find a job for my husband close to home. We would like to be a family again, like the days when we actually all lived under the same roof and saw each other every day. This is just not working. I have applied for a job close to where he is working and living, but deep down I really don’t want to move. It is too much work.

I have finally finished the Olympic gloves that I thought would only take 8 days. They took about 8 weeks. I’m working on a frustrating pattern right now for my oldest daughter. It is a basketweave cable pattern purse and I rip almost as much as I knit. Not very relaxing.

I’m going to take this break for awhile. Notice that “awhile” is not defined. I can’t commit to anything! J

1 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM , Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

    Hey Kristyn. Girl, you've got so much on your plate, my head's spinnin'. Chin up -- you are doing the best you can, and that's all you can do! It will all work out, I'm sure of it. Hugs to all of you.

    Pretty soon, it'll be camping season! ; )

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home