Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me



What a great day! I turned 21...... again.... and I had some great gifts, most of which weren't bought. At work I had been promised a laptop computer, and it was backordered. Yesterday it arrived, the the tech department didn't think it would be ready (they only come to my building once a week). I told them not to worry, I could wait. This morning the laptop was on my desk, ready to go. She didn't know that today was my birthday. YIPPEE!

A co-worker gave me a really cool lanyard to use for work keys. I love it and started wearing it right away. She didn't know that one of the buildings I work in will require me to wear a lanyard everyday starting in a few weeks.

Another co-worker baked a sheet cake (she sells her cake to a local bakery and makes them for weddings) for the building and wrote "Happy Birthday Kristyn".... not only did she make a sheet cake, but when I mentioned yesterday that I didn't think my daughters and DH would be making a cake.... she made a small one for us in my favorite color. When I got home, it turned out that the girls and their dad DID make me a cake, so we have two!

My newletter from my LYS arrived in the mail. They sure didn't know it was my birthday!

It was a great day! And for my present, the girls and I are going camping this weekend and attending the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival! I can't wait!

Happy Birthday to ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home