Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

HELP! KNITTING EMERGENCY!

I interrupt your regular program for this knitting emergency.

See how beautiful this is?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, it is a gift for my friend who is expecting her baby in four (count them) 1, 2, 3, 4 weeks. She won't get the gift though, because I am short of wool. I am starting the first sleeve and I am out of yarn. Why, you ask, did I not buy enough yarn to begin with?

Well. Here is the story.

I bought the yarn from the LYS and they only had 2 skeins in stock at the time. The person working didn't know if there was more in the back or not. It sure seemed like the two skeins would be enough for the sweater, and maybe if I had done a smaller size it would have been. When it was pretty clear that I wouldn't have enough, I called the LYS to see if they had more. Not only didn't they have more, but the person told me that the owner was in the process of selling and wouldn't be ordering anymore. YIKES! Ever since I have been cursing myself, saying

What an idiot. What an idiot. Rule number one in knitting - always buy enough yarn for a project.

What an idiot. What an idiot. I should have picked a different color that had more available skeins. IDIOT!

Can you help? Do you have Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino stashed somewhere? Do you know someone who does? Can you point me to a yarn shop that can match my dye lot? GGRRRRR!!

HELP! I'm pretty frantic.

I have left one last message at the LYS begging for their help in finding a match for my dye lot, but I don't know if I will be successful or not.

If you can help me, there would be a reward!

Here is the information:

I need 1 skein (cripes, only 1!) of Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino in color # 608 (sometimes called dusty pink, sometimes called rose, sometimes called dusty lavendar) in dye lot # 357.

Please help!

You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled program.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger erica said...

    Have you posted on Knitter's Review? Someone might be able to help you there. Also call several stores that you know carry Debbie Bliss yarn. Here's my LYS store that I know carries the yarn you're looking for, but I can't guarantee the dyelot - Three Bags Full, Northbrook, IL (847) 291-9933. Good luck. I hope you find it. If all else fails, you can always make the sleeves a different color.

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

    Hey, m'dear, I was at Jane's today and I'd made note of what you're looking for and guess what... I think I've found one! 'Twas the one and only ball of Baby Cashmerino in this color (and it was right on top of the heap) -- the color number is 340608 (is this right?) and the dye lot is 357. It's a little rosier than what you've got pictured in today's post. Yet not really rose... very dusky, mauve-y. Anyway, I bought it -- the one she had -- and it's yours, just email your address, okay?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home