Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I WON! I WON!

Here it is... my prize

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thank you baby Catherine (Elaine's daughter - Frog It) for letting me win my first contest... like ever. Like ever in my life. Really. Never even a BINGO game, and I was forced as a child to play hundreds of games of BINGO when I was a youngster as fund-raisers for my marching band. But now I won. I'm still in shock. I waited hours to open the box, just gently caressing the outside of it until my DH went insane and told me to open it before he did. I opened it slowly, savoring every second.

First I found this...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Artful Yarns Fable in "Little Red Riding Hood" God... it's so nice that you have to see it from another angle.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's gorgeous. Now. What do I make with it? Huh? Any ideas? I'm thinking something scarfy/shawly like Charlize Theron wore in Sweet November.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Her mother actually made them, and they were crocheted. After they became popular (they were featured in a fashion spread of some sort) her mother sold them for about $200 a piece. I want one. This rosy-red color would be perfect.

We wound up the little chicken, and it walked across the coffee table "laying" eggs. It was hysterical. The thing seemed to poop out the eggs more than "lay" them. Too cute!

Then there are the magnets. Perfect for a cat-lover, which I am. Thanks JenLa!

Oh.. and Eva posted a comment that I tried to send a response via e-mail and it bounced back. Three times.

I think the man from the union meeting is in his early fifties. There was no ring (I had to check - anyone that into supporting my knitting habit had to be seriously considered!) So I have to say that there probably is not a Mrs. Union Rep Person. And, as for his willingness to move to Arizona, wouldn't anyone from Wisconsin want to move there? I rest my case!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM , Blogger TrueEpicure said...

    Hmmmm... I'm not sure why your email bounced. I'll have to check my blogger profile thingy. You can try eva[AT]trueepicure[DOT]com

    Eva
    http://trueepicure.com/blog

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger TrueEpicure said...

    or, since it maybe the above email that bounced, try: trueepicure[at]yahoo[dot]com.

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

    Catherine says you're welcome - well, I'm hoping she said that because otherwise it would probably be closer to "shut up and pick me up you annoying woman I'm crying here!"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home