Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Dreaming

I'm dreaming of this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A friend of mine from the spinning guild owns a woolen mill, and she called me the other day to tell me that she had heard of a good deal. The wheel is an Ashford, which is what I want for purely sentimental reasons. It will take me back to my year in New Zealand every time I use it. Carol went to the estate sale and picked it up for me (turned out it was in good condition).

The price was fantastic! Now, I'm just waiting to set up a day where I'm not busy running to soccer practice and/or games in Appleton, volleyball games all over the area, or grocery shopping for my in-laws so that I can go and get it.

An update on the in-laws: Mother-in-law FINALLY stabilized this past Sunday and was discharged home. She is not doing well at home, though. She is very confused and has to be told to do everything - including being told to go to the bathroom.

Father-in-law is at home with IV antibiotic treatments. In four to six weeks we will find out if he will need to have surgery or not. He has a 50/50 chance of not having surgery, or having surgery. Doesn't really matter which way you say it in this case! With his emphysema, they are trying to avoid any anesthetic and surgery.

It's a crazy world lately, but I'm still finding time to knit - like at 11:30pm or 6:00 am. EEE GADS!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger katharine said...

    What a great spinning wheel. I can't wait to see pictures of it when you get it home.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home