Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Dreaming

I'm dreaming of this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A friend of mine from the spinning guild owns a woolen mill, and she called me the other day to tell me that she had heard of a good deal. The wheel is an Ashford, which is what I want for purely sentimental reasons. It will take me back to my year in New Zealand every time I use it. Carol went to the estate sale and picked it up for me (turned out it was in good condition).

The price was fantastic! Now, I'm just waiting to set up a day where I'm not busy running to soccer practice and/or games in Appleton, volleyball games all over the area, or grocery shopping for my in-laws so that I can go and get it.

An update on the in-laws: Mother-in-law FINALLY stabilized this past Sunday and was discharged home. She is not doing well at home, though. She is very confused and has to be told to do everything - including being told to go to the bathroom.

Father-in-law is at home with IV antibiotic treatments. In four to six weeks we will find out if he will need to have surgery or not. He has a 50/50 chance of not having surgery, or having surgery. Doesn't really matter which way you say it in this case! With his emphysema, they are trying to avoid any anesthetic and surgery.

It's a crazy world lately, but I'm still finding time to knit - like at 11:30pm or 6:00 am. EEE GADS!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger C said...

    What a great spinning wheel. I can't wait to see pictures of it when you get it home.

     
  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger Mesothelioma Cancer said...

    Is this a great blog or what! I'm going to bookmark you straight away!

    I have a malignant pleural mesothelioma site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

    Check it out if you get time.

     
  • At 3:20 AM , Blogger dot wop said...

    What is mesothelioma?

    Mesothelioma is a rare disease caused as a result of malignant cancerous cells lining the patient's body cavities such as chest, abdominal region or the area surrounding the heart.Your legal rights:

    Corporations that manufacture asbestos products have known about the dangers of asbestos-related diseases for more than six decades. In an effort to increase profit, they kept this information quiet, putting workers and families at risk.

    Working with asbestos causes serious diseases. Unfortunately, many corporations thought they would be able to cut corners and make a large profit at the expense of endangering workers. Fortunately, there are laws that help to protect those individuals that have been harmed by exposure to asbestos-related products.

    Spread the information and help as many as possible.
    Thanks
    **Mesothelioma Informations**

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my Mesothelioma related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home