Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Happy Blogiversary!

One Year!

One whole year!

After exactly one year of blogging, what have I learned?
1) Blogging is publicly personal. I started my blog to help myself complete some projects that had been hanging around on needles for a long time. After a few months, I became aware of how my entries really told the story of me. Me knitting. Me contemplating a big move. Me with my family. Our family excursions. Knitting in a canoe.Me struggling with money and helping DH keep upbeat about his job search. Me being a proud mom. Me becoming introduced to spinning. Me making new friends that I would never have met if it weren’t for blogging.
2) I can make Latvian mittens! But my first pair don’t compare to those beautiful mittens made by Stephanie.
3) My knitting obsessions are not unique to me. Before blogging, I never knew how many people also planned trips based on LYSs in the area. I mean, how can you go to a new city without looking up what yarn shops are in the area? It’s not possible!
I also know that I’m not alone in packing necessary items for a trip like underwear, toothpaste, shoes, clothes, and pajamas only to excitedly close up the suitcase and devote some serious time to packing the true essentials. Which projects will come along? Will I need extra skeins? How about these needles? Do I have all of the patterns I will need?
4) Even though there are nearly thousands of knitting bloggers, the average knitter still doesn’t know what a blog is. At my spinning class, I mentioned some of the things that I had learned online, and when another student asked me where I had gotten this information, I told her the blog name, thinking that she would immediately reply, “Oh, sure! I haven’t been to that site in awhile. I’ll have to check it out.” Instead, she looked at me with that face. The face where eyebrows crinkle, noses twitch, and heads tilt to the side as if to say, “What the hell are you talking about?” Us knitting bloggers have a log of work to do to get the word out about how great blogs are!5) I finished quite a few projects in the past year! Here is the list:God Awful CardiganSecret Sock Sisters Swap SocksAt least 5 baby caps6 pairs of fuzzy feetFelted cap for my DHOne and a half Argyle Socks that don’t match – these were for the TKGA Masters that I never finished and don’t plan to finish anymoreA pair of Latvian Mittens (they should be done tonight)

I like this blogging stuff!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home