Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Haven't we been down this road before?

Yep. I've been here before. Definitely. If you don't believe me, go back to May 12, 2004 and May 20, 2004 and read for yourself. The job I was offered in Cincinnati is open again; they want to interview me again and they are willing to make some contacts to get DH a position in the area also. A year later, and we seem to be right back where we started. This time, though, we have decided that we will make this move if both of us find positions.

Well, what about jobs in Wisconsin, you ask? Sixty. That's the number of active applications DH has out in Wisconsin right now. Sixty. And guess the number of calls to interview. Two. Two. What is that? Like 3%? There are more than 40 applicants for every opening, and from budget cuts, all of those people have already had school counseling experience. My DHs years of experience working with teenagers in a residential treatment center doesn't seem to count.

Yes, I will talk about knitting. I should be much further than I am on the last sleeve of the baby cardigan, but migraines took over Monday and Tuesday night, so I got little done. I didn't even leave the house. Tonight is better, and I plan to finish the sleeve, block it, and be ready to do the finishing tomorrow.

I know. Roller coaster. One day I'm up, the next I'm down. Seems to be the story of our life for the past year and a half. I'm ready to get off now, please.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM , Blogger Elaine said...

    Good luck on the job front - I can say now that I've been here in Northern VA that it's still ridiculously expensive - the house across the street just sold for $630K and it was built in the late 70's, is okay, has 2800 square feet but it's not that special - heck, it's my house only across the street! I like all the trees and the seasons though (we had neither in Oklahoma).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home