Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Monday, September 20, 2004

The Knitt'n Blues

I can't believe it. I started these mittens almost a month ago and they should have taken about a week to get both finished. After a month this is how far I am....



These are double knit mittens for a friend to wear at her son's football games. Our high school's colors are red and white, and I quickly found a pattern to be able to knit a white "V" on the red side and a red "V" on the white side. Here is the mitten turned inside out.... it's reversible.


I read the article in a Cast On magazine about double knitting and worked a swatch. It looked great. Color changing was easy, but for some reason when I tried to change colors on the actual mitten, it looked terrible. The stitches were loose at the color changes, no matter how snug I made them. I ripped and ripped and ripped and reknit and reknit and reknit. Finally I gave up. I have now decided to cross stitch the stinkin "V"s on after the mitten is done.

Now I have no ambition to knit at all. I have no idea why, but I haven't picked up the needles for about a week. The chunky yarn on these smaller needles does hurt my hands after awhile, but that has never stopped me before. I have the knitt'n blues.... and I dunno why. I guess I need to mosey up to the bar, light myself a cigarette, listen to some sad songs and order something strong to drink. Maybe the booze will kill the blues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home