Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

On the Move

Well…. This is finally IT. WE. ARE. MOVING.

Last week I was offered a teaching job in Rhinelander, Wisconsin and I accepted it. My official last day will be February 2, 2007 and although I am super happy and excited about living “Up North” and being a family again – I’m also torn inside about leaving my students here, many of whom I have worked with for all nine years.

We will live in Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin – ok… Minocqua. Arbor Vitae isn’t on most maps! The girls are really good about the move. I’ll be happy when we are finally settled. Our house in Valders won’t go on the market just yet. We have some minor updates to do and hopefully in spring or summer the “For Sale” sign will go up. Until then, we will either continue to stay in the tiny cottage that my husband has been renting all year, or find a new rental to live in with more space. We are in no rush – which is odd… considering we will all be up there in a little more than two weeks.

On the knitting side of things… here are a pair of mittens that I finally finished for my daughter. They totally kicked my butt around the block. She wanted an argyle pattern. This is pretty tough to do in the round without making the palm of the mitten too tight from the carried threads. The other option was start a new thread for every row. I tried both and ended up going crazy either way.. but settled for the “argyle in the round” method. By some act of the “mitten Gods” the color turned out to match the coat that she got for Christmas from my mother. Go figure!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is a breakdown of the project.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Raspberry, Soft Pink, and Off White
Needles: DPN US 5
Date started: November 8, 2006
Date finished: January 1, 2007 (should have been done for her birthday on 11/28/2006)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home