Through the Back Loop

Adventures in knitting, fiber arts, and family.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Knitting Knews

An update on my knitting - finally!

I went to the Stitch 'N Pitch Brewer's game on July 9th and had an awesome time. It was incredible to see so many people wearing the distinctive white caps while working on a project. My husband bought the seats almost the first day that they were available, and we were seated in the front of the section - which was nice for watching the game, but made it hard to check out the projects around me.

I brought the cashmere stole that I have been working on in spurts for that past two years.
Photobucket
am determined to get this done by the time my high school aged daughter goes to Homecoming - even though she has already told me that the stole wouldn't be appropriate there because the Homecoming dance isn't formal enough. I don't care.. I want it done. There are projects in waiting that need to be started. There are two babies waiting to come into the world... and also waiting for some knitted treasures. They are due in September and November. Must Start Knitting!

At camp - I am excited to say that I have now taught 4 left-handed girls how to knit. I searched and searched online to figure out the best way to do this. I heard about using smoke signals and mirrors and lulling left-handers into some kind of trance in order to teach them. Then, I read a note online about sitting opposite from the left-hander and having them watch me knit with the idea that they would copy me - using their left hand like I used my right, and using their right hand like I used my left. And. It worked! I must have jumped around the camp shouting with excitement ALL DAY! Those girls are knitting machines now, and I'm thrilled to know that I can honor left-handed learners by teaching them the correct way for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home